Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm Going to Watch this about 100 times...

Here's a Deep Dark Secret. Madonna was one of my first musical hero's. When I was not even a teenager yet, she was my example of how a young woman from a small town in Michigan could take charge of her life and become a rock star if she wanted to. There was more to it than that, I felt that beyond the outward showy displays there was something inside her as that made her both an artist, and a philosopher poet that could use her art to speak deeply to others. Most of my young friends just laughed at me, and I'm sure my Mom laughed even harder.

Today it surprises me, but I'm quite sure I was right. Here's why I'm breathless for her again, amazed to see her do such a beautiful expression of the poetry of Rumi:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Classical Sheet Music DownloadsSearch for Classical Sheet Music
to download instantly!